Rifle & Bow Hunting
Neuhof Safaris, a family-run business, has been operating since 2005. We believe in offering a unique personal experience and therefore only take one group at a time.
We believe in fair hunting and therefore avoid shooting from the hunting vehicle. The only exceptions are for people with difficulty in walking; elderly or injured.
Our hunting area is stretched over 50 000 hectares free range and fenced.
The Trophy hunting season runs from February until November although the ideal time for hunting is from March until end of September/mid October.
From mid October till end of February summer temperatures rises very high and results in unbearable heat outdoors – animals then generally seeks shade and lay down. December until the end of February (sometimes still in March), thunderstorms starts which make it dangerous and difficult to hunt.
More or less from November till May the vegetation is green from the summer rains and when Winter sets in you get your ‘light yellow’ Savannah grassland, drier season.
Regarding the species we have 25 different kinds of species;
Kudu, Eland, Zebra, Waterbuck, Red Hartebeest and the majestic Sable are beautiful bigger plains game trophies. This area is specifically known for its great Kudus. Springbok and Impalas are again beautiful smaller plains game trophies. It really depends on what you are looking for and what you would like.
Rifle imports / Fire-arm requirements
• Rifle import / export permit application (police at airport)
• Maximum of 80 rounds of ammo per rifle allowed
• A minimum caliber in the range of .270 is required
• Smaller caliber's can only be used on smaller species
Clothing and equipment
• Strong footwear (boots)
• Long trousers and long sleeve shirts (khaki/natural colours)
• Comfortable socks for hunting
• Warm clothing for evenings and early mornings – Winter months tend to be very cold.
• Hat and sunglasses
• Good pair of binoculars
• Sunscreen or sunblock